In 2020, Bob Barker Company established the Belonging Initiative to further advance its efforts of inclusion, diversity, respect and collaboration. We have a dedicated Belonging Manager, Sherrillan Atkinson, who leads the Initiative by developing projects that improve our Team Members’ sense of belonging, increase retention, and strengthen our inclusive culture where Team Members can bring their best selves to work every day. The Belonging Initiative contributes to improving diversity and fostering an inclusive environment where Team Members feel welcomed, valued, respected and heard.
As Bob Barker Company continues to grow, so will the Belonging Initiative’s efforts to promote diversity and inclusion at the company and in our community.
Belonging Vision Statement:
The Bob Barker Company family reflects the rich diversity of God’s creation. We thrive in a flourishing community of care and belonging by loving one another without exclusion.
Diversity and Inclusion
While built and operated through a Christian framework, Bob Barker Company recognizes that not all Team Members share the same religious perspectives and may have agnostic views. We welcome all talent regardless of religious views, sexual orientation, age, gender, and numerous other categories in which we are different. It’s our goal to create an engaging and inclusive workplace where everyone is not only respected but valued for the experience and background they bring to the company.
Accomplishing This Means:
- We learn about the various cultures within our company and the criminal justice system, and the unique needs our customers may have as a result of these differences. We are a global company and promise to Start with Love with everyone we encounter inside and outside the company.
- We honor our differences by recognizing that we are a company that operates with Christian principles, and that we openly accept all Team Members regardless of religious perspectives and/or the absence of those beliefs. We welcome all talent regardless of religious views, previous legal convictions, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity and numerous other categories in which we are different in order to Deliver Solutions to our diverse customer base. This diversity helps us to approach challenges and opportunities while considering many perspectives. These perspectives are crucial in fulfilling our mission to Grow. Redeem. Inspire. Transform. Multiple views allow us to more clearly see what needs to be redeemed or changed in a situation. Collaboration allows us to work together to grow in areas to address the challenge. With many different types of people involved in the change, we are able to inspire a broader and more diverse group to work with us to transform the challenge at hand.
- We cultivate an engaging and inclusive workplace where everyone is not only respected but valued for the experience and background they bring to the company. Team Members can come to work comfortable as themselves and therefore be empowered to Perform with Distinction in every facet of their job.
- We believe that growing the diversity in our company and with our suppliers is critical to allowing our Team Members to Act with Courage in an effort to achieve sustainable growth.
- We align our beliefs and actions, and we examine all that we do and the messages we send to our Team Members, customers and communities so that we live each day by Being Humble and respecting those around us.
It’s only with this diversity that we will be successful in accomplishing our Vision and Mission.